REACT GP THICK Adhesive is a high viscosity cyanoacrylate adhesive developed for bonding rubbers and plastics including uPVC. GP THICK, has gap filling properties making it ideal for bonding trims and caps on uPVC windows.
Directions For Use
1. Make sure the surfaces to be bonded are clean and dry.
2. Dispense adhesive to one surface only. Apply only enough to leave a thin film after compression.
3. Press parts together and hold firmly for a few seconds. (Maximum strength is achieved in 24 hours).
4. Procure activator can be used to cure exposed adhesive outside of the joint, to help prevent blooming.
5. Wipe off excess adhesive from the top of the container and recap.
REACT GP low stain activator may be used with REACT GP adhesives where a faster cure speed is required. Fixture times of less than 2 seconds can be obtained with most cyanoacrylates. Testing on the parts to measure the effect is recommended.
Procure PC77 primer is recommended for use on low energy plastic surfaces such as polyethylene, polypropylene, PTFE and thermoplastic rubber materials.
Apply to one surface only. PC77 also has a mild activating effect which may accelerate the cure speed of cyanoacrylate adhesives.
Cured cyanoacrylate may be removed from most substrates, and parts disassembled, with Procure PC68 debonder – however, ensure to test compatibility of the substrate with PC68 first as this may dissolve some plastics.
It is not possible to fully remove cyanoacrylate from fabrics.
Factors that affect dispensing are pressure, time and needle size. As a general reference low viscosity liquid would need a small needle diameter and less pressure, a high viscosity liquid would need a larger needle diameter (tapered recommended) with higher pressure to dispense. Information on the recommended hand dispensing tip can be found in the Technical Data Sheet (TDS).
For information on safe handling of REACT GP THICK Adhesive consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS).