Lockfast T71 Studlock is a red, high-strength, threadlocker designed for the permanent locking of threaded fasteners in heavy duty applications. Prevents rust, corrosion and leakage as well as loosening from vibration or shock. Particularly suitable when locking nuts or studs into pump and motor housings; or any other high vibration/heavy duty applications.
Directions For Use
1. For optimum performance surfaces should be clean and free of grease.
2. If the material is an inactive metal consider using activator.
3. Shake the product thoroughly before use. Apply several drops to the bolt & nut.
4. Assemble and tighten as required.
5. To prevent the clogging of the nozzle, do not let the tip touch metal surface during application.
Fixture Time vs. Substrate
There may be a difference in fixture speed and strength based on the substrate. As opposed to passive materials such as stainless steel or zinc dichromate, anaerobic adhesives will reach full strength more rapidly with active materials such as mild steel and brass.
For more information on strength of bond and cure time, please see the Lockfast threadlocker technical information sheet.
Disassembly and Clean-up
Remove with standard hand tools. In circumstances where hand tools do not work, use localised heat to bolt or nut, disassemble while hot. To remove cured product use a combination of solvent and abrasion such as a wire brush.
For information on safe handling of Lockfast T71 Studlock consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS).
Available in 10ml, 50ml, 250ml bottles – other sizes are available, contact us for more information.
What are Threadlockers?
Click here to see our YouTube channel to learn more about our products.