Lockfast R20 Retainer is a green, high strength, high viscosity retainer for bonding cylindrical fitted parts where high temperature resistance (200°C) is needed. Applications can include fixing locating pins in radiator assemblies, sleeves into pump housings and bearings in auto transmissions etc. Prevents leakage and loosening from vibration and shock when applied to close fitting metal surfaces. UV fluorescent properties allow the product presence to be monitored in quality control via a UV black light.
1. For optimum performance surfaces should be clean and free of grease.
2. If the material is an inactive metal consider using activator.
3. Shake the product thoroughly before use. Apply several drops to parts to be bonded.
4. Assemble as required. (see the Lockfast retainer technical information sheet for further information on types of application).
5. To prevent the clogging of the nozzle, do not let the tip touch metal surface during application.
There may be a difference in fixture speed and strength based on the substrate. As opposed to passive materials such as stainless steel or zinc dichromate, anaerobic adhesives will reach full strength more rapidly with active materials such as mild steel and brass.
For more information on strength of bond and cure time, please see the Lockfast retainer technical information sheet.
Remove with standard hand tools. In circumstances where hand tools do not work, use localised heat, disassemble while hot. To remove cured product use a combination of solvent and abrasion such as a wire brush.
For information on safe handling of Lockfast R20 Retainer consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS).
Available in 10ml, 50ml, 250ml bottles – other sizes are available, contact us for more information.