Lockfast T43 Nutlock is a blue, medium-strength, oil-tolerant threadlocker, designed for the sealing and locking of threaded fasteners, where minor oil contaminants are present. Useful on ‘as received’ fasteners, where cleaning is not possible. Particularly suitable on less active substrates such as plated metal surfaces, where disassembly (with hand tools) is required. Prevents rust, corrosion and leakage as well as loosening from vibration or shock.
1. For optimum performance surfaces should be clean and free of grease.
2. If the material is an inactive metal consider using activator.
3. Shake the product thoroughly before use. Apply several drops to the bolt & nut.
4. Assemble and tighten as required.
5. To prevent the clogging of the nozzle, do not let the tip touch metal surface during application.
There may be a difference in fixture speed and strength based on the substrate. As opposed to passive materials such as stainless steel or zinc dichromate, anaerobic adhesives will reach full strength more rapidly with active materials such as mild steel and brass.
For more information on strength of bond and cure time, please see the Lockfast threadlocker technical information sheet.
Remove with standard hand tools. In circumstances where hand tools do not work, use localised heat to bolt or nut, disassemble while hot. To remove cured product use a combination of solvent and abrasion such as a wire brush.
For information on safe handling of Lockfast T43 Nutlock consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS).
Available in 10ml, 50ml, 250ml bottles – other sizes are available, contact us for more information.
Click here to see our YouTube channel to learn more about our products.